Sweet sesame balls
If you joined our Spring Cleanse adventure in the last two weeks, you probably have lots of experiences about yourself and your body. These experiences are the most profound and valuable things in a detox: we start to feel and know what is going on in our body and what’s good for us to drink and eat. These signs are just so much clearer than before.
I did various spring cleanse cures in the last 10 years, and found that the most powerful experience is – beside having a much lighter body – that I started to hear the clear voice of my body. It says clearly yes or no to things. I hope you had some experiences as well. If you feel like sharing it – (whenever) whether good or bad – it would be nice to read it.
For the next few months it would be good to keep these kinds of eating habits. In the hot summer months the best things to eat are: cooked grains and pulses, steamed and cooked vegetables, seeds and nuts, lots of greens – salads and herbs –, some cooked or steamed meat and fish of course. Please don’t forget to season your meals with lots of herbs and spices since they are very important for the digestion!
Sweet sesame balls
(Makes 22-25 pieces)
- 200 g sesame, regular and black mixed (Fire)
- 1 tbsp. honey (Earth)
- ½ vanilla bean pod, scraped or vanilla extract (Metal)
- 20 g raisins (Earth) or dried sour cherries (Wood), cut into small pieces
- 20 g dates, seeded and cut into small pieces (Earth)
- 1 pinch ground star anise or cinnamon (Metal)
- 5 pods cardamom, ground (Metal)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (Wood)
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan slowly. Make sure you don’t burn it. To do it you should use medium heat and stir it a lot.
- Grind it in a mortar or coffee grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients together: ground sesame, dates, spices (cardamom, star anise, vanilla).
- Pour the lemon juice into it, and mix it with the honey.
- Mix the ingredients together using a spoon. Make small balls and roll them in sesame seeds. Keep it in the fridge.