- 400 g beetroot
- 200 g potato or 2 ladles of any corn (brown rice, jasmine rice or millet etc.)
- 3 tbsp oil (cold pressed sunflower oil)
- 2 cm piece grated ginger
- 1 bunch of basil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Prepare ingredients: peel the potato, cut into cubes and boil in salty water (if we use corn mush, warm it) peel the beetroot, julienne or grate with big hole grater. Peel and grate the ginger. Wash the basil.
- Heat a wok or frying pan until very hot, add the oil and wait until warm then add the beetroot. Stir to cover with oil and roast further 5-8 minutes.
- Add the ginger and roast for another few minutes.
- Salt, pepper and stir it.
- Add the boiled potato and remove from the heat.
- Shake the vegetable mix with hand held blender or mince it with meat mincer.
- Taste it with the chopped basil and juice of lime.
Health caring and treating effects according to 5 elements
Eating beetroot is very stylish today, besides that it has a very positive effect on our physical state. It cleans intensively our livers, so in spring it can be very effectively used during cleansing cures,
whereas in autumn and winter we can use up just its earthiness. The beetroot - like other root vegetables - is capable of storing nutrients absorbed from the earth for long, so not only can it be kept long, but also stores minerals and vitamins very well.
The beetroot belongs to the Earth element, which is why in the overcoming cycle it can control the dominant Water element weakening a lot of people in winter. The kidney weakness occurring so often in winter can be prevented with this and similar reasoned practices. This effect can be further strengthened if the receipt is extended with such corns - as millet - which strengthens the kidneys. As it is earthy, it nourishes the Metal element in the generating cycle which develops perfectly in autumn. At the beginning of autumn the Metal element is getting weaker, in this period it is worth helping with foods in order that the body can get balanced. In spring it should be mixed with corns having cleansing effect.